Save time and money by acquiring this unusual and heavy-duty waste disposal from Moen. The Moen GXP50C Garbage Disposal retails at less than 100 dollars, buts its function in grinding the food residuals measures to the expensive models. Therefore, you don’t necessarily need to splash a lot of money to buy a quality disposal unit for your home kitchen.
The model is quite sturdy and reliable from the design to the material construction of this waste disposal. Plus, it comes with a warranty to back up its functionality and quality as well. Although the Moen GXP50C Garbage Disposal comes with the installation tools, it is smooth, and you can do it on your own.
Moen GXP50C Garbage Disposal Overview
Moen GXP50C Specs
- A Super Compact Garbage Disposal With Effective Motor
- Feed Type: Continuous Feed
- Horsepower: 1/2 HP 2600 RPM
- Motor System: Vortex Permanent Magnet Motor
- Material: Galvanized Steel
- Mount System: 3 Bolt
- Splash Guard: Removable
- Installation: Pre-installed Power Cord
- Weight: 8.5 pounds
- Dimension: 5.375x 13.375 x 5.375 inches
- Warranty: 3 Years With In-Home Service
- PREP SERIES: Designed for those who slice, dice and peel as part of basic meal prep, and need a little more help with cleanup
- POWERFUL GRINDING: 2,600 RPM, ½ horsepower Vortex motor provides fast, powerful grinding of everyday food scraps and helps reduce jamming
- SIMPLE SWAP: Fits most existing assemblies, including other brands; includes pre-installed power cord
- COMPACT DESIGN: Compact design is lightweight for easy installation and frees up valuable space under the sink
- SEPTIC SAFE: Safe to use with properly sized septic tanks
- REDUCE WASTE: Disposals reduce waste sent to landfills, making them an eco-friendly option for your home
- BUILT TO LAST: 5-year limited warranty with in-home service guarantees help is there when you need it
Moen GXP50C Review
Moen stands among the top best garbage disposal brands on the market, and this model of Moen GXP50C is not exceptional to other model styles. The powerful motor and sharp grinder effortlessly handle many food scraps that pass through the sink, and this model works at a high speed of 2600 RMP to save time.
The unit comes pre-installed with the power cord intact, so you just need to find a power source and plug your gadget to begin crushing those food residuals for smooth drainage. The Moen GXP50C weighs only 8.5 pounds such that you can smoothly install it on the sink without any assistance. The Moen GXP50C measures 13 3/8 x 7 1/2 a compact size to save the space under the sink.
You can comfortably fit it even in small sink areas. Moen’s waste disposal model is compatible with the three-bolt mounting system, which is quite common in most homes. The Moen GXP50C has the standard power adaptor connection mode. The disposal unit is compatible with the sink outlets with a thickness of 1.2 inches and a dishwasher of 7/8 inches. Moen’s quality model comes with other accessories such as the sink flange, splash guard, and drain elbow.
Main Features of Moen GXP50C Garbage Disposal
Vortex Motor With 1/2 HP
A motor is an engine that fuels the functioning of waste disposal. Thus, the quality, speed, and material construction determine the reliability of the overall unit. Well, Moen GXP50C Garbage Disposal has a powerful vortex motor with a 4.5 amp and 1/2 HP.
The engine operates at a high speed of 2,600 RPM to quicken the grinding process and to enable the grinder to crush all food products passing through it.
The high speed and quality design of this motor prevent jamming of the unit as it takes little time to break and drain the food residuals. The casing of the engine consists of galvanized steel material that prevents it from damage by shielding it from wetness.
The Moen GXP50C Garbage Disposal has high compatibility with sink and dishwashers models. The unit has a three-bolt mounting system that can easily fit in most modern kitchen sink designs, plus it is compatible with the sinks that have a thickness of 1.2 inches and dishwasher with a diameter of 7/8 inches. The package comes with all the mounting accessories and tools you require when equipping the unit.
Moen GXP50C Garbage Disposal is one of the most affordable yet powerful waste disposal units on the market. With a robust and quality motor, this disposal unit works at a high speed of around 2,600 RMP, and it can quickly grind any foods passing through the sink, including soft bones and vegetables. The high operational speed is an added advantage to reduce the unit’s jamming as it gets the work done fast.
This Moen GXP50C Garbage Disposal comes with all the assembling accessories you need to install to save expenses and time. The majority of the unit, especially the most complicated parts, come assembled for you. This includes the power cord. Thus, you don’t need to join any parts when installing this unit on the sink. Use the provided user manual to guide you on the right process to follow when installing the unit.
If you need waste disposal to fit in a small kitchen or dishwasher area, this Moen model is a great choice. The compact size reduces its weight for convenience when handling the unit to fit on the sink.
If you need any storage space under the sink, this model is an excellent choice since it leaves ample space under the sink after installation.
Sound Shield Mechanism
The majority of the Moen disposal units have sound shield mechanisms to minimize the unit’s noises when putting on. However, note that this unit does not wholly deafen the operational sounds when it is functioning.
Heavy-Duty and Durable Materials
This waste disposal is made with heavy-duty material constructions to withstand constant use and water too. The major parts like the grinder and the motor housing are made with heavy-duty stainless steel material that guarantees the unit’s durability and efficiency.
The drain stopper is also made of polished stainless steel materials to prevent it from rusting or corrosion even after extended use on the water.
Moen GXP50C Garbage Disposal Review
Moen GXP50C Overall Score: 8.2
- The power cord comes pre-installed to save time and expenses
- Works at a high speed of 2600 RPM to save time
- Comes with other accessories such as the splash guard, sinks flange, and drains elbow
- Equipped with Sound Shield Design to deafen the functioning sounds
- Features heavy-duty and water damage resistant materials
- Easy to install since the processes are easy to follow
- Lightweight and compact size
Watch out for
- This waste disposal unit does not fit in some dishwashers
- This waste disposal may not meet hard grinding foods like bones
Moen GXP50C vs. GX50C Garbage Disposal
- Both of these disposals from Moen have Vortex motor technology that functions at high speeds
- The installation process of these units is smooth since major parts come pre-installed for you
- These Moen waste disposal units have a sound shield to minimize the function sounds. Note that they don’t completely seal in the functional sounds.
- Both Moen Waste disposal units have universal installation modes, and you can fit on either a sink or a dishwasher
- The two disposals have compact sizes and are light in weight
1. The price – The Moen GXP50C garbage disposal retails at less than 100 dollars while the Moen GX50C garbage disposal cost more than 100 dollars.
2. Weight – The Moen GXP50C garbage disposal weighs 8.5 pounds while the GX50C garbage disposal weighs 13 pounds, which is a bit heavier.
3. Warranty – GX50C garbage disposal comes with a 4-year warranty against any manufacturing defects, while the Moen GXP50C model comes with a 3-year warranty.
If you are looking for a quality Moen disposal unit affordable, Moen GXP50C is the right choice. This waste disposal is quite powerful, and the design fits most of the grinding jobs. It is easy to install units that you can install on your own, and the universal installation design fit in most homes.
The materials constructions guarantee durability that is backed up by a 3-year warranty. Are you not sure of which disposal unit to choose between Moen GXP50C and GX50C Garbage Disposal? Well, both models are majorly similar, although the Moen GXP50C is a bit light in weight than the other model.
It comes with a more extended warranty for quality assurance. It is also relatively cheaper than the GX50C Garbage Disposal because it costs less than 100 dollars.