Moen GX50C Garbage Disposal does an exceptional job of eliminating waste around the kitchen. The waste disposal unit is fitted with a powerful motor and facilitates the quick grinding process to cut down all the food residuals for easy disposal. The high functioning speed of this garbage disposal reduces the unit’s jamming because it disposes of the waste quickly down the drain.
The Moen GX50C Garbage Disposal is a durable waste disposal unit made with heavy-duty materials. It is affordable if you compare it with other models with the same functionality power. What makes this model of waste disposal stand out from the rest? Here is a review of the Moen GX50C Garbage Disposal and what makes it a great choice of a waste disposal unit for home.
Moen GX50C Garbage Disposal Overview
Is Moen GX50C good waste disposal unit? This model of the disposal unit is well known for its various outstanding features. The Moen GX50C has a powerful motor and grinder that accommodates various food scraps to grind and easily pass through the drain. The disposal unit saves the waste in the kitchen significantly since it can grind any food residuals.
The unit has a powerful Vortex Permanent Magnet Motor with 1/2 HP that works at high speed to prevent jamming, especially when constantly used. With an estimated speed of 2600 RPM, this waste disposal unit saves the disposal time significantly. Installing this waste disposal unit on the sink is quite easy, a DIY process you can do.
This disposal unit is light for comfortable holding to work. The unit has the universal Xpress mount system that is compatible with most of the three-bolt mounting system. Thus, all you need doing is to twist and lock it on the sink outlet. Do you have limited space under the sink? Moen GX50C waste disposal unit is the right choice for you due to the compact size that saves the space under the sink.
This waste disposal unit’s sound shield mechanism provides insulation to reduce the noise levels coming from the unit when switched on.
Moen GX50C Specs
- A Versatile Compact Garbage Disposal With 1/2 HP for Grinding Everyday Food Scraps
- Feed Type: Continuous Feed
- Horsepower: 1/2 HP 2600 RPM
- Motor System: Vortex Permanent Magnet Motor
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Mount System: 3 Bolt
- Splash Guard: Removable
- Installation: Pre-installed Power Cord
- Weight: 13 pounds
- Dimension: 9.69 x 9.39 x 14.88 inches
- Warranty: 4 Years With In-Home Service
- PREP SERIES: Designed for those who slice, dice and peel as part of basic meal prep, and need a little more help with cleanup
- POWERFUL GRINDING: 2,600 RPM, ½ horsepower Vortex motor provides fast, powerful grinding of everyday food scraps and helps reduce jamming
- NOISE REDUCTION: Designed with SoundSHIELD sound-deadening insulation
- SIMPLE SWAP: Fits most existing assemblies, including other brands; includes pre-installed power cord
- SEPTIC SAFE: Safe to use with properly sized septic tanks
- REDUCE WASTE: Disposals reduce waste sent to landfills, making them an eco-friendly option for your home
- BUILT TO LAST: 5-year limited warranty with in-home service guarantees help is there when you need it
Main Features of Moen GX50C Garbage Disposal
Sound Shield Mechanism
Although Moen GX50C may produce some buzzing sounds when functioning, it cannot distract you from focusing or talking with someone in the room. The sound seal mechanism drastically reduces the level of sound produced by this unit, with up to 80 percent.
This feature makes this waste disposal unit fit in homes where the kitchen is located close to other rooms since you can still carry out other activities like watching TV while the unit is grinding foods.
Pre-Installed Power Cord
With Moen GX50C, you don’t have to spend extra dollars on hiring a technician to install it. The power cord comes while pre-installed, which means that you need to find a power source to plug and begin to work. The waste disposal unit is compatible with the universal three-bolt mounting system, and installing it to the sink is bliss.
Permanent Magnet Vortex Motor
This technology empowers the motor to enable the grinder to handle any food scrapple passing through the sink. The motor functions at a high speed of 2600 RMP to save time and safeguard it from jamming since it grinds the food pretty fast.
Easy to Install
The Moen GX50C waste disposal unit is versatile when it comes to the installation as it fits in most kitchen areas. The compact size fits in areas with small under sink areas, plus the unit is light in weight for convenience when holding to install on the sink. The package comes with all the installation tools that you require when installing it.
Stainless Steel Materials
This waste disposal unit is built to last for long due to the heavy-duty and quality material construction. The majority of the parts, including the grinder and the housing, are made with coated stainless steel materials that safeguard it from rust and corrosion even after long exposure to wetness.
Polished Stainless Steel Drain Stopper
A drain stopper is a crucial tool on the waste disposal unit that controls the foods and water from passing through the drain. The waste drain stopper on the Moen GX50C helps you control the foods passing through the waste disposal unit for safety purposes.
You can also control the water passing through the unit for the effective and fast grinding process. This drain stopper is crafted to last for long as it does not rust or corrode.
Continuous Feeding Mode
You can easily and smoothly grind any food remains in your kitchen using this unit as it offers continuous feeding mode. This means that you don’t need to be cautious of what passes through the waste disposal, and you can focus on other works around the kitchen while the unit grinds the food residuals.
1. Lightweight and compact – The Moen GX50C only weighs around 13 pounds a comfortable weight to hold when installing. The lightweight design safeguards the sink area by preventing it from hanging downwards when you install the unit. The small size design of this unit frees much of the under-sink space.
2. Four-year warranty – This disposal unit comes with a four-year warranty for quality assurance. The warranty covers the in-house services in case of a technical hitch, motor replacement, and labor. You can also call the manufacturers any time if you have a query regarding the unit.
3. Power connection – This waste disposal unit from Moen GX50C connects to the standard power adapter of 115 volts, a convenient feature for different regions.
Moen GX50C Garbage Disposal Review
Moen GX50C Overall Score: 8.5
- Works at a high speed of 2600 RMP
- Does not take up large space under the sink
- A powerful motor
- Made with high-quality stainless steel materials
- Light in weight for convenient installation
- A universal installation mode
Watch out for
- Producing loud noises when functioning. This means that it may not be as quieter as expected, and may not work for people who need an extremely quiet functioning waste disposal unit for their kitchen.
- The power cord is not so long
Moen GX50C Vs. GX75C Garbage Disposal
- Both these Moen garbage disposal units have sound shield technology to reduce loud noises when functioning
- They come with a pre-installed power cord to save money and installation time
- The two waste disposal units have compact and lightweight designs for comfort when installing and to save under sink space.
- They are easy to install on three-bolt mounting systems
- The two garbage disposal units work at high speeds
1. Speed – The Moen GX75C garbage disposal unit relatively works at a high speed of 2700 while the GX50C works at a speed of 2600. So, if you need a device that has a high-speed level, GX75C wins in this category.
2. Warranty – The GX75C model comes with a long term warranty of 10 years that covers the in-home services and any help that you may need for the next ten years, while the GX50C comes with a warranty of 4 years the same services.
Moen waste disposal units are some of the best waste disposal units for both small and large homes. These units are quite light and small to save the space under the sink and for convenient installation processes. Moen GX50C Garbage Disposal works at a relatively high speed to grind different types of foods and has a quality material construction to withstand water.
The waste disposal unit is easy to install and functions in relatively low sounds. If you need an advanced model in terms of functioning speed and the warranty, the GX75C is a good and reliable option to consider.