There are many garbage disposal units in the market, but InSinkErator Evolution Essential Garbage Disposalstands out to be the best. This disposal unit is efficient, quiet, and can grind even the toughest waste. It has great features that allow it to offer trouble-free reliability. On top of all, the machine is easy to install, clean, and operate.
An Overview of InSinkErator Evolution Essential Garbage Disposal
Evolution Essential garbage disposal from InSinkErator is a high-quality product that is powerful and operates quietly. It comes with extra accessories, including a power cord and a Sink Top Switch. The best feature of the InSinkErator Evolution Essential is the Multigrind technology that uses two stages of the grinding process to grind even the toughest food waste more efficiently.
It uses Sound Seal Technology that delivers a quieter performance by eliminating vibrations. You can hold conversations without yelling when the machine is running in the same room. The device has a quick lock technology that makes its installation simple and has a chamber capacity of 34.6 oz.
The 3/4 Hp motor equipped with Dura-Drive technology makes the machine more robust and efficient. It is made up of stainless steel that is resistant to corrosion and rust, reinforcing its durability.
Also, the whole unit is backed up by six years of in-home warranty that allows you to receive a free replacement or repair if the machine turns out to be faulty within the stipulated period. The unit comes with a three-bolt quick lock sink mount, sink baffle, stainless-steel stopper, discharge tubes, and other accessories used in the installation.
- QUIET BUT POWERFUL: This innovative food waste disposal features advanced noise reducing SoundSeal Technology, our exclusive, long lasting 3/4 hp Dura-Drive Induction Motor, and 2-Stage Multigrind Technology to handle the toughest food scraps.
- DURABLE COMPONENTS AND EXTRAS: This garbage disposal features alloy stainless steel components with a LeakGuard Liner for the highest durability. It also includes a Satin Nickel air switch & power cord - perfect for a kitchen renovation.
- AMERICA'S #1 DISPOSER BRAND: There are more American-built InSinkErator garbage disposals in US homes than all other brands combined. A full line of models means there's one right for every need and budget. Volts- 120. HZ- 60. RPM -1725.Amp. (Avg. Load)- 8.1
- FASTER, CLEANER, SMARTER: From meal prep to cleanup, InSinkErator helps make it fast & easy to keep your kitchen clean with our iconic appliances: garbage disposals & instant hot water dispensers.Average Electrical Usage:3-4 KWh Per Year
- A HISTORY OF INNOVATION FOR THE SINK: We invented garbage disposals in 1927, & we're the world’s largest manufacturer of garbage disposals & instant hot water dispensers for home & commercial use.
Main Features of InSinkErator Evolution Essential
InSinkErator Evolution Essential is a high-quality product that offers durable and fast results over time, making it a popular choice for many kitchens. It has the following main features that make it out do other models:
Sound Seal Technology
One of the excellent features of this garbage disposal is that it produces the lowest noise level. Evolution Essential is one of the quietest garbage disposals and is almost noiseless. It is installed with a sound seal Technology that delivers a quiet performance even when grinding the hardest.
Impressively, it reduces noise levels by reducing vibrations. It comes with a rubber cushion known as an Anti-vibration mounting system that mounts between the mounting bracket and the sink’s opening. It reduces shaking by ensuring the steadiness of the sink throughout the grinding process. Also, the tailpipe mounted between the drainage pipe and the garbage disposal prevents vibration.
One of the features that many people look out for when selecting the best garbage disposal is grinding all sorts of food waste. InSinkErator makes use of MultiGrind Technology in the Evolution Essential that delivers two stages of grind. This feature prevents clogging and jamming the waste pipes of the garbage disposal.
In the first stage, the waste is shredded by two movable lugs against the Grind Shear ring. Next, the bits of waste are forced via a sequence of holes and are cut into smaller pieces by shearing motions.
A Powerful Motor
InSinkErator Evolution Essential has 3/4 horsepower, making it perform to the expectation. It has high grinding power that won’t clog up or jam when on use.
The electric motor is economical in terms of power and consumes 110/120 volts. The motor uses InSinkErators Dura-Drive technology that makes it more dependable and sturdy for frequent use. The motor provides quiet operation of the machine and enhances its long life.
Quick-lock Technology eases the installation process of InSinkErator Evolution Essential. If you have an old garbage disposal, you just twist it out and twist on the new Evolution Essential.
The machine comes with an instruction manual that provides all the installation steps to follow. Its installation does not require a professional plumber, but it is something you can do by yourself.
The grinding chamber and components of InSinkErator Evolution Essential are made-up of premium stainless steel, making it attractive and durable.
Stainless steel is more durable than galvanized steel. It is more resistant to corrosion and rust caused by water and minerals. Therefore, when you buy InSinkErator Evolution Essential, its durability is guaranteed.
This machine comes with a generous six-year period warranty. The warranty is larger than what is offered by the producers of many other similar garbage disposals.
The warranty covers both mechanical costs and in-home labor. The InSinkErator sends mechanics to your home in case of a breakdown within the warranty period to either replace or fix it.
Ease of Use
One of the best things about InSinkErator Evolution Essential is its ease of use. This machine is quick and hassle-free. It has a sink top switch with a satin nickel button for turning it on. To turn it on, you just need to flick the switch, and the continuous feed system allows you to keep adding in waste even when the machine is running.
It also comes with a handy rubber splash guard that prevents splattering of waste around your kitchen when using it. The garbage disposal comes with a stainless steel plug that you can use to cover the sink opening when it is not used to prevent children from inserting their hands or toys.
InSinkErator Evolution Compact Overall Score: 8.2
- Uses a powerful 2 stage MultiGrind Technology that prevents blockages
- 3/4 Hp strong motor power
- Quiet operation
- Very easy and simple to install
- A 6-year warranty
Watch out for
- The unit is a bit wider and bigger, thus limiting the storage space under the kitchen sink
InSinkErator Evolution Compact Vs. Essential Garbage Disposal
InSinkErator Garbage disposal is the most popular brand that offers the best under sink disposal. However, choosing one model that is the most suitable can be quite confusing. The following is the full comparison between InSinkErator Evolution compact vs. Essential Garbage disposal.
1. Size – Both disposals are of the same size. They have an overall width of 8-3/4” and a height of 12-1/4”. Also, they got an equal chamber capacity of 34.6oz.
2. Multi-grinding technology – The Evolution series garbage disposals are known for their outstanding features and premium quality. Both disposals use MultiGrind technology with two-phases. The food waste undergoes two grinding stages instead of one that most disposals use.
3. Sound Seal Technology – Both Evolutions compact and Essential comes with a sound seal technology used for noise insulation, making the machines quieter when processing than those other models.
4. Horsepower – Both disposals have a ¾ HP Dura-Drive induction motors that make the machines robust and dependable. They also both run at 1725 RPM.
5. Feed type – Both Evolution compact and essential garbage disposals are of continuous feed type. It means that you can keep adding food wastes into the machine while it is running.
6. Build quality – Both machines are made-up of stainless steel. Their grinding components, too, are from stainless steel hence guaranteeing a long life. Stainless steel does not rust or corrode easily.
1. Price – The Evolution Essential is more expensive than the compact model.
2. Noise – Though both use sound seal technology, the level of noise they emit varies. Evolution Essential is quieter than the Evolution compact.
3. Extra accessories – The Evolution Essential comes with a sink top switch and a power cord, but the Evolution Compact model does not include.
4. Warranty – Another difference is the warranty period issued on each model. The InSinkErator Compact comes with an eight years warranty while the InSinkErator Essential is covered for six years.
5. Weight – The Compact model weighs 19.5 pounds, whereas the Essential disposal is 20 pounds.
There are a variety of garbage disposals in the market which are different in brand types and models. InSinkErator Evolution Essential stands out to be the best model. It is equipped with many excellent features that enhance its performance, making it very efficient. Multi-grinding technology uses two grinding stages and can handle even the toughest waste more efficiently.
It also comes with a sound insulation technology known as a sound seal that makes the machines quieter. The machine is also easy to install, operate, and to clean. However, these benefits and features come at a price. This garbage disposal is not that cheap, but in the long run, it is worth the money.