Moen garbage disposal unit is one of the most recommendable garbage disposal systems for either home or commercial use. The unit features a powerful and fast operational motor that gets the work done fast, and nicely.
In this article, we are going to review the top 7 best Moen garbage disposal units on the market today and give you some tips when choosing them.
7 Best Moen Garbage Disposals On the Market
Why Should We Choose Moen Garbage Disposal?
Moen is one of the leading brands of garbage disposal due to its convenience and high-quality design. The garbage disposals from Moen has a wheel disposal unit that draws all types of waste from the kitchen sink or dishwasher to prevent clogging and blockage.
The Moen garbage disposal units feature a compact design and lightweight, such that one person can easily install the unit. The powerful motor has sharp and excellent blades that spin smoothly to prevent it from jamming.
The majority of people prefer this model due to the following attributes:
1. Easy Mount Mechanism – With Moen, anyone can easily mount it on the sink or kitchen dishwasher. This is because the brand features an express mounting feature that is compatible with all 3 bolt assemblies.
So, all you need doing is to position the garbage disposal unit to the sink opening and twist it to lock. It saves you time and money that you could have used to hire a professional plumber to do the job for you.
2. Has a Magnet Motor – Another attribute that makes Moen garbage disposal stand out from other brands in the magnet motor. A magnet motor is crucial since it empowers the motor of the unit to work fast and safely as it does not wind on its field.
This type of motor facilitates the fast grinding of the waste to save time and prevent the motor from jamming as well.
3. Drain Connection – The majority of Moen garbage disposal units do not experience constant or regular clogging thanks to the presence of the drainage connection. Most of the drainage connections measure about 1 or 11/2 inch to drive out all the shredded waste.
4. Limited to No Jamming – This is a cost-effective unit for home and restaurant use since the motor works fast and efficiently to reduce jamming. You don’t need to spend extra money in the future to hire a plumber for repair services
5. Flexible Design – Moen garbage disposal units fit all types of sinks because of their design and the parts can handle different types of wastes both soft and hard.
6. Durable Materials – Considering these units are bound to come to contact with wetness and other moist, they are made with stainless steel material resistant to rust or corrosion to ensure long usage.
7. Cost-Effective – Moen garbage disposal units are quite cost-effective since you don’t need to overspend when installing, and it comes with a pre-installed power cord. Therefore, you don’t have to spend extra money on buying a power cord unlike in other models.
8. Noise Reduction – Moen company produces quiet garbage disposal. If the kitchen area is located near other rooms in the house, Moen is the right garbage disposal unit buy.
It has noise reduction mechanisms that numb its buzzing sound when in use. So, you can still focus on other activities while the unit is still running.
9. Compact design and lightweight – Moen garbage disposal units are crafted in a compact design to reduce the space required for installation, and they are also super light in weight for easy carrying and holding when installing.
7 Moen Garbage disposal Reviews
1. Best Seller -Moen GX50C 1/2hp Garbage Disposal Review
- Vortex motor technology for powerfully grinding the food scraps
- Reduced sound production
- Installing it is quite easy and fast
- Equipped with 3-bolt mounting assemblies
- Lightweight and compact
- 4-year warranty for quality assurance
- Sometimes it has a clicking noise
If you are looking for a compact garbage disposal for home use, Moen GX50C would work perfectly.
It features a Vortex motor technology essential for grinding the foods to the smallest scraps for easy passage. Installing this garbage disposal system is straightforward as it comes with a universal express mount fit. There is no need to hire a technician or plumber to install this unit for you as it takes a few minutes to do so.
The garbage disposal has a pre-installed power cord that reduces the mounting time. This feature also saves you some bucks since you don’t have to spend extra money on buying the power cord.
The other excellent feature of the Moen GX50C garbage disposals is that it operates in a low tone. Hence, it does not distract other activities going on in the house or kitchen. The motor is quite powerful and has RMP Vortex that ensures its durability and prevents jamming as well.
2. Best Powerful -Moen GX100C 1HP Garbage Disposal Review
- Grinde the wast very effectively
- 2800 RPM VORTEX motor for reducing jamming
- Fits most 3 bolt assemblies systems
- Durable and high-quality stainless steel materials
- Installation takes up little time to complete
- 7-year warranty
- A bit expensive
Moen GX100C ensures to slice and shred all types of food residuals to prevent the sink system from blocking. You don’t need a professional plumber to install it as it takes a few minutes to fit it. Besides, it is a universal garbage disposal unit that is compatible with most of the sink units.
The unit also comes with a power cord that is pre-installed for you to reduce the installation time. The best part is that this unit operates in a quiet mode such that other activities can comfortably go on while it is operating. The compact design and lightweight make installing easy and fast as well.
The structure features stainless steel material that prevents the garbage disposal from damage even after long term exposure to wetness and other moisture. This durable garbage disposal unit has a powerful motor that empowers its functionality while, reducing the jamming time. So, you can install it even in busy areas where the sink is used often.
3. Best Quiet -Moen GXS75C 3/4HP Garbage Disposal
- Works perfectly for home and restaurant areas
- Durable materials that last for long
- SoundShield technology for deadening the sound levels
- Easy installation
- 5-year warranty
- You need to install it right to reduce the noise
Moen GXS75C is of the high quality and powerful: Vortex motor ensures the unit can grind any type of food residuals without jamming. This also ensures there is a good flow on the sink system and limited clogging.
The unit comes with a pre-installed power cord that reduces the fitting time and saves you money because you don’t need to spend extra in buying the power cord.
This is classified as universal garbage disposal as it fits the majority of the 3-bolt mounting assemblies. Note that the power cord is removable in case you need to change it or change the installation position. The unit also has a noise reduction feature that reduces noises when it is functioning.
4. Best Compact -Moen GXP33C 1/3HP Garbage Disposal Review
- Great for putting under the sink
- A noise numbing mechanism to reduce disturbances
- Super light in weight and compact
- 2-year warranty
- Not for tough food scraps
Save money and installation time by purchasing Moen GXP33C for your home use. The unit is sold with a pre-installed power cord and thus, you don’t need to spend extra money to buy a power cord. Installation of the unit is quite easy with the provided manual: hence, you don’t need to spend extra money on hiring a plumber to fit for you.
The powerful motor operates at 1900RPM Vortex to shred food scraps without jamming. This also reduces the chances of the whole system clogging since the residuals are shredded to the smallest particles for easy passage.
The unit has a sound shield mechanism that reduces its noise when in operational, such that you can carry other activities that require concentration when the unit is working. The unit features a very compact design and lightweight form: hence, it does not take up much space on the sink area, and it comfortable to hold when installing.
5. Moen GXP50C Pro Continuous-feed 1/2HP Garbage Disposal
- 2600 RPM VORTEX permanent magnet motor
- Easy to install
- Safe for septic tanks
- 3 years warranty with in-home services
- No instructions on how to install the unit (you may need to check it online)
Moen GXP50C is a continuous-feed garbage disposal, so it works smoothly and safely. The presence of the permanent magnet design of the motor improves its power in grinding all sorts of food residues for easy disposals. The motor works fast to reduce the jamming time as well.
With GXP50C Moen garbage disposal, you get to save up some bucks as one is provided with a pre-installed power cord. So, all you need to do is fit it to the sink and water system to get it running.
This unit works perfectly even for homes with a small kitchen because it does not take up much space thanks to its small design. It is also light in weight so, holding it to install is quite comfortable. Durability is guaranteed, and it also comes packed with a three-year warranty and in-home services when needed.
6. Moen GT75C 3/4 Horsepower Garbage Disposal Review
- The installation of the unit is fast and easy
- The motor is powerful and works fast as well
- The system has an anti-jamming mechanism to reduce damage
- 5-year warranty
- The unit is a bit pricier
If you are looking for a garbage disposal unit that will not give you a hard time when using it, this GT75C 3/4 model from Moen will be the perfect option to choose from.
The unit is equipped with great parts and features to ensure its smooth operation. The powerful motor works perfect and fast to shred all food residuals to reduce the chances of clogging and breaking.
Installation of this garbage disposal does not take up a lot of time considering most parts are installed for you. It has noise numbing mechanism to reduce distractions around the house. The whole structure is made of stainless steel material that is resistant to rust and corrodes even after long exposure to wetness and other moisture. This unit guarantees long use and it also comes with a warranty to back it up.
7. Moen GT50C 1/2HP Garbage Disposal Review
- 2,600 RPM with the high-speed Vortex permanent magnet motor
- Easy to install
- Connecting it to the dishwasher or sink is quite easy as it has an opening for easy fixing
- The unit is sold at an affordable price
- 3-year warranty
- Not for heavy commercial places like restaurants
If you are looking for an affordable and convenient garbage disposal unit for your home kitchen, this is the perfect option to buy. First off, this unit does not require much time in the installation process: thus, you don’t need to worry about spending too much money on putting it up.
The motor is quite powerful and operates fast to shred most types of food results drown through the kitchen sink. The power cord comes installed for you, and the unit is compatible with a sink system with a 3-bolt assembling design. There is also a dishwasher inlet opening for easy connection of the unit to the sink. One is also provided with a wrench ideal for unjamming when the unit is in use.
Moen Vs. InSinkErator Garbage Disposal
Two of the most popular brands of garbage disposals are Moen and InSinkErator. What are the similarities and differences between these brands and which one should you choose?
- They are made of high-quality materials and they are effective
- They both have a sound seal mechanism, which plays a great role in noise reduction
- Both of them are made of stainless steel to curb corrosion
- Both of them use galvanized grinding components
- The warranties of both models are almost the same
- Both models utilize 3-bolt mounting assemblies
1. Price – The majority of Moen garbage disposal gadgets are expensive as compared to the InSinkErator models.
2. The Mechanisms – The InSinkErator models use a quick lock mount and induction motors while the Moen models use an Xpress chain mechanism and a magnet motor.
3. Features – The Moen garbage disposals come with the power cord, but the InSinkErator models do not have this feature.
4. Motor – All Moen models come with a permanent magnet motor, which runs at a speed that ranges between 2700 RMP and 2000 RPM.
The InSinkErator models, on the other hand, use induction motors, which are known as DuraDrive and they run at a speed of about 1725RPM. This means that the speed of InSinkErator models is slower as compared to that of the Moen models.
5. Performance – Though the speed of the Moen models is higher than that of the InSinkEratormodels, they both function effectively.
6. Noise – The noise insulation of Moen models is better as compared to the InSinkErator models. However, InSinkErator has the quietest models.
7. Grinding stages – Most top-end InSinkErator models have multiple grinding stages, while the Moen models have none. These grinding stages help to ensure that even the fibrous food items such as Celery are ground into fine particles and get disposed of without clogging on the pipelines.
8. Compact size – The InSinkErator has several compact garbage disposals while Moen has just a few.
9. Build quality – The grinding chamber of all Moen model is plastic, while that of the InSinkErator models is galvanized steel for economy models and stainless steels for high-quality models.
10. Looks & Design – To most people, the designs and looks of the Moen models are better compared to those of the InSinkErator models. However, the InSinkErator models may also look good to you depending on your taste.
11. Pre-installed power cord – Most of the InSinkErator models lack the pre-installed power cord, but these power cords are available in all Moen models.
12. Removable splash guards – The InSinkErator models have non-removable splash guards and cannot be removed unless the unit is disconnected from the sink. The splash guards of the Moen models on the other hand are removable, which is convenient.
Here is a quick summary of the differences between the Moen and the InSinkErator garbage disposal gadgets.
|Multi-grinding stages||High-quality models use more than one grinding stage||Have no grinding stages|
|Build Quality||The components of top models are stainless steel||Stainless steel grinding components in top models|
|Noise||Top models have sound seal technology||Premium models have sound seal technology|
|Motor||The speed is slower||The speed is higher|
|Pre-installed power cord||None||It comes with it|
|Compact size||Has several models with heights below 13 inches||Has fewer models with heights below 13 inches|
|Location of the Reset button||On the bottom||On the front side|
|Owner of the brand||Emerson||Fortune Brands|
|Can be replaced with each other||Yes||Yes|
|Mounting system||3-bolt with Quick Lock||3-bolt with universal Xpress mount|
|Looks and design||Not appealing to many||Appealing to many|
So which garbage disposal is better? Moen or InSinkErator?
InSinkErator garbage disposals have more features meant to increase their efficiency but Moen garbage disposals do come with loads of advanced features that you can enjoy using as well.
- Check More about Moen Vs. InSinkErator Garbage Disposal
If you are having a hard time choosing the right garbage disposal unit for your home or restaurant use, well consider getting a Moen unit. They have great features that make the installation process to be easy and fast. They work perfectly for home and commercial places thanks to the powerful motor.
The Moen garbage display is classified as universal units since they fit most of the 3 bolt assemblies. They are also made of durable material that does not get damaged by any wetness. So, check out the above reviewed Moen garbage disposal units and choose the perfect one for home or commercial business use.